Monday, August 10, 2015

Fresh in Fifteen

So, my favorite blogger, Kate @ The Small Things Blog, did a post about getting ready for the day in 15 minutes...well, at first it was 8 minutes, but that didn't turn out so well. She challenged her readers to participate in her #freshinfifteen challenge, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  The link to her post is here.  If you don't follow her blog, you should.

WARNING! The "before" shot is horrendous, so proceed with caution.

This challenge was appealing to me because as a mom to an almost 19 month old, being able to get ready quickly is a MUST.  Before having a baby, I could spend an hour taking my time getting ready, but now I have to get him fed & ready, make sure his diaper bag is packed, make sure everything is out of our dog's reach, etc.

The key to this challenge working for me is washing my hair the night before.  I don't typically do that, just because by the end of the next day my hair is greasy & impossible to do anything with.  But, if I just have plans in the morning, it works out fine.  So, I washed my hair last night & just let it air dry.  I threw it up in a bun right before I started my make up.    




It's amazing how much better I feel if I get ready for the day instead of just staying in my pajamas & no make-up all day.  I ran through my hair with a large-barrel curling iron.  That is the only part of the #freshinfifteen I kind of had to skimp on.  

Anyway, this was a fun challenge so I encourage all my friends to try it!  Tag your post on instagram with #freshinfifteen so Kate can see your transformation!  

xo,
Casey

1 comment: